Friday 8 May 2009

Hi all,
As promised, an update on what been happening. It is a really exciting time, and the exhibition looks like it is going to be huge.

Everything is taking off quicker than I could possible have hoped for. Next week, the first cars go on the road with the magnetic door stickers advertising the show and we expect a press launch for the whole shebang sometime in early April.
It has just been confirmed that one of my paintings will be signed by the entire FC Bayern 1860 football team, for auction nearer to the exhibition, For those who cant be there, I am going to try and arrange a multi person skype connection, so if you are interested in bidding, send me your skype details. We haven’t decided on a charity as yet to donate the proceeds to.
I am looking into the possibility of the exhibition having its own webcam which would let everyone abroad see it.
Guarding the exhibition, and representing all the extinct ideas which never made it onto paper will be Dorothy, a life-sized dinosaur.
Sunday will be a family and children day at the exhibition with specially lowered paintings, and the chance to paint your own (for a price obviously ). All the profits will go to our local kindergarten.

Above, is the logo for the new show. I am making T-shirts of this image so if anyone wants one, please let me know.
The price will be 18.09€ (since Darwin was born in 1809 ) the proceeds will help fund the exhibition, framing, publicity etc, and a good part of the proceeds will be donated to a worthy cause please let me know what size, I think they come in S M L XL. I am hoping to have the shirts printed by the middle of May. If you have a suggestion as to the worthy cause, please let me know, although the problem is deciding which of them to go with.
Thanks to everyone who put links to my website on theirs, and added me to your facebooks etc, it is really working, and the website is getting more and more hits every day.
Hope you all enjoyed your Easter / Ostera / chocolate overdose.
Until next week.
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment