Monday 18 May 2009

Update 7, The Art of Evolution

  • All in all its been a really nice week, but one with many many late nights.

    Painting is a funny old thing, people often ask me where I find the time to paint, or how long a painting takes to finish.
    On the question of where I find the time to paint, the answer is simple, it’s a matter of replacing things which one would normally do of an evening, like watching TV. In our household we tend to disappear early to bed, usually well before 11pm and read for a bit. So if we take an hour of the Simpsons, and a couple of hours instead of a book at bedtime, you have 3 hours there which can be dedicated to painting. On weekends, there is plenty of time, a late night on Friday after Alan is tucked up in bed and Mrs B is firmly ensconced in bed with a good book, or Sunday Morning after our usual late breakfast, Mrs B likes to spend some uniterupted time with Alan, so I take myself off to the studio Ok, sometimes the discipline goes to the wall, but generally, that’s where the time comes from.

    As for how long a painting takes to finish, as long as a piece of string. Painting a picture is like herding cats, sometimes they all come together, but one false move and its back to chasing them again, so it can be anything from a couple of days, to several months of painting on, scraping off (that’s why I only paint in oil) and several false starts.


    Back to the exhibition.

    The Art of evolution is most definitely evolving and is progressing nicely.

    Some highlights of the week

    Another two paintings finished and drying for the show.
  • I have collected together all the initial sketches out my books for the origins of creativity sketches.
  • I got a few pictures back from the framers, but have to do it a bit at a time to spread the cost.
  • Still waiting for news on a really good sponsor.
  • The bus is confirmed, a bus will be running on at least one night from munich city center to Landsberg and back, if anyone is interested, let me know and I’ll book you on it.
  • PRINTS, remember that all the images on my website are now available as limited edition prints until September, if you’re interested, please send me an email.
  • The exhibition will be advertised in the city theatres “whats on “ guide to culture in Landsberg.

    And that’s about it for this week.
    Thanks everyone for your continuing support and encouragement.

    Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment